The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Philippians 4:11

Title: I have learned to be content


The meaningfulness of our lives should not be shaped by deficiencies when comparing them to what in our minds are riches and privileges which are rightfully that of a child of God’s.

We are to be transformed by what we have in answer to our needs, even if what we possessed could barely make both ends meet, because then our faith is renewed, our hope is made sure, that even in times of want we could extract something good and beautiful, and to learn the lesson perfectly that the supporting and guiding hand of God is needed in every situation, even in times of plenty.