The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Friday, May 15, 2009

June

Tell me how much love

you need to take with you

into June,

and this early in May

I’ll save enough sunlight

for your flower garden,

and from the loftiest

brown hill

gather rain clouds to shower

all the afternoons

wherever you may be

for more than

an hour.

Show me how much of me

you need with you

into June,

and I’ll be your hero,

your Santa Claus,

Sinatra and Superman,

Brando and DiCaprio,

all rolled into one.

If it hasn’t been done

before.