The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Friday, May 15, 2009

Journey

I know no other

way of life

other than that of your smile

and your thoughtful silence

when you’re in my arms.

I could live there

for another year,

another lifetime,

and in all places

you call home.

Let me love you

from first to last

and let me chronicle

your presence,

in part,

from day to day,

in celebration of you

and your thoughtful silence

when I’m in your arms.

More than anywhere else

an embrace was the place

where we both belonged.