The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Friday, May 15, 2009

Oil On Canvas

(A tribute to Florencio Saklay de la Cruz, portrait painter)


Every stroke

was a celebration of life.

Every daub of oil on canvas

was a masterful approval

of his portion in the

unrehearsed recital of mortal

existence.

What sublime beauty

heralds as an enduring

work of art

is now an undisturbed

emblem

of a discipline that claims

for its own

what the eyes can only

behold

in

awe.