The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Friday, May 11, 2018

"NEVER WILL I LEAVE YOU; NEVER WILL I FORSAKE YOU"? (Hebrews 13:5)


In reality this should read: "NO, I will NEVER leave thee; NOT I; I will NEVER, NEVER cast thee off."
But only applicable to Christians who:
1) Have no love for money
2) Are content with what they have

++++++++++++
[(ADAM CLARKE commentary)
There are no less than FIVE NEGATIVES in this short sentence, and these connected with two verbs and one pronoun twice repeated. To give a literal translation is scarcely possible; it would run in this way: “No, I will not leave thee; no, neither will I not utterly forsake thee.” Those who understand the genius of the Greek language, and look at the manner in which these negatives are placed in the sentence, will perceive at once how much the meaning is strengthened by them, and to what an emphatic and energetic affirmative they amount.]

++++++++++
“NEVER WILL I LEAVE YOU; NEVER WILL I FORSAKE YOU”? (HEB. 13:5)
To whom does this verse apply?
According to the Written Word of God, the Bible, it APPLIES ONLY to Christians who:
1) Have no love for money
2) Are content with what they have
Being content means NOT COMPLAINING about your present economic situation and consider it as sufficient, thanking God for His blessings. But that doesn’t mean you may not work for gain; but you work hard not because you are discontented with your present situation, rather you work for advancement so you may serve God with what more you have gathered by your labor.
God will always be by the side of the Christian who has no love for money and is content with what God has given him, that is, what he has NOW.
So be careful in quoting this verse. If your purpose in life is to be rich for yourself because you are not content and have complaints about your present financial status, this verse doesn’t apply to you.
++++++++++++
(Hebrews 13:5)
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

CONTENT (G714) arkeo: be satisfactory; be enough; suffice; be sufficient; to avail
LEAVE (G447) aniemi: to let up; desert
FORSAKE (G1459) egkataleipo: to leave behind; leave