The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Friday, February 7, 2014

2 Chronicles 7:14

Title:  If my people

Christians desire blessings (material and physical) from God, instead of striving to be holy in our daily walk, judging ourselves in the Lord’s presence whenever we sin, and searching out God through prayer and worship.

Mere Christianity seeks what God can give in terms of earthly existence in accordance to the standard of the world, when the real and lasting blessing is God himself, specifically heeding his warnings and discipline because that speaks of genuine  sonship for those who turn from their sins in the face of God’s rebuke.

(Note:  This verse is national in application)