The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

John 6:44; John 14:6

Title:  No one can come to me

Salvation is uniquely the work of God alone, and in no way to be attributed to any human strength or agency.

The Father seeks those whom he would save, with lovingkindness draws them to the Lord Jesus who, in turn, is the only way to the Father.  This beautiful pattern clearly exhibits the sovereignty of God, his justice, and his love which is offered as a gift in the redemptive work of his Son.

God is in absolute control over the history of salvation, for if not no one would be saved because on one seeks after God, so while we were still powerless, the Lord Jesus died for the ungodly.