The Gospel

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

[Paul, writing to Christians @ Corinth, 1 Cor. 15:1-4]

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jonah 4:2

Title: You are a gracious and compassionate God


Anger that shuts out the love of God can never be justified, even in view of an indignation that seeks to uphold what is just.


God is sovereign even over our emotions, so we must give room for it to override our basic instincts or even our theology, when it appears easier to change directions in response to the convenience of retribution, which is the prerogative of God alone.